Mobile Banner

Transcript Assessment FAQ

You may be eligible for exemptions if you are a member in good standing of an IFAC-recognized accounting body. Once you have created a My CPA profile and requested an international transcript assessment, you will receive an email with information outlining the documents required and possible exemptions.  

You may be eligible to apply to CPA PEP under the mature entrant route. Please contact  for more information.  

You can submit your CPA PEP admission application and register for the modules during the designated module registration period even if your transcript assessment is being processed.

International degrees need to be assessed for Canadian equivalency by a third-party assessment service.  

When your transcript assessment is complete you will receive an email indicating that you can view the results on My CPA portal. The results will indicate which courses are outstanding.

Domestic transcript assessments take approximately ten days to complete after CPAWSB receives all required documents.

Your transcript assessment is valid for one year from the completion date.

CPAWSB requires original, official transcripts from each post-secondary institution you list in the education history in your CPA profile. Contact each post-secondary and ask to have official transcripts sent directly to CPAWSB. Documents that do not arrive directly from the post-secondary institution will be considered “unofficial”. Once your transcript assessment has been processed, you will receive an automated email for each document that is required to complete the assessment. 

You will receive an email when CPAWSB receives each document, and an email when CPAWSB has received all of the documents that are expected based on the education history listed in your My CPA profile.

Have documents sent to: 

CPA Western School of Business 
201, 1074 - 103A Street SW 
Edmonton, AB   T6W 2P6

You are required to have completed a 3-year or 4-year undergraduate degree and 120-credit hours.

You are required to have a grade of 60 percent or higher in all core courses with an overall GPA of 65 percent or higher, calculated by averaging grades across all of your core courses.

CPA PEP transcript assessments are valid for one year. If you have not applied for CPA PEP before your transcript assessment expires, you will be required to submit a new request.