CPA Canada Plagiarism Policy
Student and Candidate Guide
CPA Canada represents highly qualified professionals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to providing the highest standards of accounting, ethics and best business practices as such we take violations of ethics very seriously. As stewards of the public trust, students, candidates and members are expected to maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
CPA Canada does not tolerate plagiarism in any form. Students and candidates who are found guilty of plagiarism are subject to penalties and/or consequences that may include but are not limited to:
- The finding being noted in the student/candidate database
- A mark of ‘fail’ in the course/module
- A committee hearing to determine good character
- Ethics course
- Suspension or expulsion
The regional or provincial body responsible for the investigative process also reserves the right to levy any additional penalties or contact other regulatory bodies as required.
Some examples of plagiarism may include, whenever a student or a candidate:
- Presents work that has been authored in part or in whole by another person;
- Presents the words, images or data of another person as the student/candidate’s own, without reference to the original author or the original source;
- Presents work that contains unreasonably long quotes, even when properly cited;
- Presents work that in any way compromises the integrity of the evaluation process;
- Presents work that is substantially similar to another person’s work;
- Presents work that contains any portion of the CPA solutions or feedback guides (cannot be submitted as a part of an assignment or revision);
- Shares CPA program files with others (see training contract and website)
- Purchases work that has been authored in part or in whole by another person and presents as the student/candidate’s own.
Any questions regarding the plagiarism policy should be directed to your regional or provincial body.
CPA provincial/regional bodies
CPA Education contact information
|CPA Western School of Business||
|Ordre des Comptables Professionnels Agréés du Québec||
|CPA Atlantic School of Business||
|CPA Canada - International|