To enroll in this course, you are required to:
- Provide proof of Indigenous Status with one of the following:
- Copy of a Status card from the Government of Canada
- Copy of a Métis membership card from one of the five Métis Provincial Affiliates or recognized Territorial organizations. Additionally, the student may present a membership card from the Métis Settlements General Council showing membership in a Métis Settlement of Alberta
- Copy of a Nunavut Trust Certificate card
- Documentation that an ancestor’s name has been entered 1) in the Indian Register according to the Indian Act, or 2) on the band list of an individual band, or 3) as beneficiaries of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement or other claim regions such as Nunatsiavut, Nunavik, and Inuvialuit
- Written confirmation of Indigenous identity from Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada or Nunavut Tunngavik Incorporated
- Written confirmation of membership by a band council which has enacted its own band membership code
- For Indigenous learners unable to provide one of the above, we encourage them to reach out to the CPAWSB to explore other options.
Note: The course requirements listed above apply only to this pilot offering of IFA. After completing this special offering of IFA, applicants who decide to take further prerequisite courses through the CPAWSB preparatory courses will need to meet all the entry requirements for CPA preparatory courses and must complete the CPAWSB enrollment process at that time.
Admission requirements for CPA PEP will also need to be fully met at the time of entering CPA PEP.