Mobile Banner

Option 1:

Co-op and summer students have the option of waiting until they complete their degree program to enroll in CPA PEP and start Core 1. Learners are eligible to receive credit for up to 12 months (cumulative rather than consecutive) of experience completed prior to the date they register in CPA PEP by submitting a prior experience report. If you select this option you should apply to CPAWSB and CPA PEP as an applicant with a Canadian Degree after you have graduated or when you are in your final semester (if you are looking at starting CPA PEP soon after graduating).

Option 2:

Co-op and summer students who are following the pre-approved program path (PPR) can enroll during a work term as a candidate in the CPA Professional Education Program to begin accumulating practical experience in the Practical Experience Reporting Tool (PERT). As a CPA candidate, you will be required to maintain your registration in the program by completing annual re-enrollment and paying dues to the school each year. Dues are required even if you are not currently completing a work term. Failure to pay dues each year will result in loss of access to PERT and a mandatory withdrawal from the program which must be declared if you re-apply to PEP.  If you select this option, continue with the admission process steps outlined below.

When considering which option would be best for you, be aware that if you choose option two, your timeline to complete the program will begin the day you are admitted to CPA PEP. If you choose to enter CPA PEP over 1 year before you will be starting modules, please note that you will have a reduced amount of time to complete the education portion of the program as your experience deadline will override the deadline for education.

Only Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, or persons who are otherwise lawfully permitted to work and study in Canada can enroll in the CPA certification program. If you are a temporary resident, you are required to hold a valid study permit to apply for admission to the CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP) or CPA preparatory courses and to maintain your enrollment with CPAWSB. For more details, please refer to the Residency, Study Permits and Language Advisory.

CPA education programs, including CPA preparatory courses and CPA PEP, require high English proficiency. Generally, anyone with CLB levels below 8 will need to spend additional time on their studies. For more information, please refer to the Residency, Study Permits and Language Advisory.

Application Process

  1. Visit My CPA Portal and click on the Create a My CPA Profile link using a desktop or laptop with Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. 
  2. Enter your legal name when creating your profile.   
  3. Select your residency status in Canada: Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident (of Canada), or Temporary Resident (of Canada).  
  4. Enter all completed and in-progress post-secondary education and designation information, even if you don’t plan to submit documents for that education/designation history. 
  5. Activate your profile by setting your password. You will receive instructions via email shortly after creating your profile.  



Review the resources above and if you still have unanswered questions about creating, accessing, or navigating your profile, please contact an Admission Advisor by emailing or calling 1.866.420.2350 ext. 6001. 

After you have created and activated your My CPA profile, proceed with submitting a CPA PEP admission application . Click on the link below for more information about when and how to submit an admission application.

Note: Select Co-op Student (in a CPA-approved co-op program) or Summer Student (not in a CPA-approved co-op program) as your registration category when completing the CPA PEP admission application as an applicant who is a Co-op/Summer Student following the pre-approved program path (PPR), who is applying early to begin accumulating practical experience while completing your degree.

Submitting an admission CPA PEP application

After you have submitted a CPA PEP admission application, you will be contacted by the PEP Admission Services team who will help you get started with the processes of reporting your practical experience.

After you have completed your degree program, come back to your applicant type page and proceed with the next steps which include requesting a CPAWSB transcript assessment, submitting official transcripts/documents for the assessment, and reviewing your assessment once it is completed to confirm your eligibility to participate in CPA PEP.


Click on the link above for more information about submitting a CPA PEP admission application. If you have questions about submitting an admission application for CPA PEP as a Co-op/Summer student, please contact the CPA Admission Services team by emailing or calling 1.866.420.2350 ext. 6004.

The transcript assessment determines your eligibility to enroll in CPA PEP and indicates what, if any, education requirements are outstanding that can be fulfilled through CPA preparatory courses or a post-secondary institution.

You need to reside in Western Canada (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Yukon) to enroll in the CPA program with CPAWSB. However, you may apply for a transcript assessment, from your home country to confirm your eligibility for the CPA program. 

To submit a transcript assessment request:

  1. Log into My CPA Portal
  5. Use the document checklist to determine which documents to submit for the assessment. 
  6. Review your transcript assessment order.
  7. Click on the MAKE PAYMENT button.
    The non-refundable transcript assessment fee is $100 + GST and subject to change.

Note: To avoid misplacement of mailed documents, request and pay for a transcript assessment before arranging for documents to be sent to CPAWSB. 


Co-op and summer students are not required to submit official transcript(s) until all prerequisite courses are complete.

All official documents submitted for transcript assessment must be mailed directly by the issuing institutions in a sealed (unopened) envelope to: 

CPA Western School of Business
201, 1074 - 103A Street SW
Edmonton, Alberta T6W 2P6

If your institution offers electronic official transcripts, please have them emailed to:

Once all documents are received, it can take up to 10 business days to complete the transcript assessment.

Note: Do not send documents to provincial CPA offices as this may result in significant delay in completing your transcript assessment. Non-English documents require translation and must be submitted to CPAWSB by a certified translator.

To view your assessment results, log into My CPA Profile and click on PROGRAM ADMISSION and then TRANSCRIPT ASSESSMENT.

You will see your requested transcript assessment listed with a ‘Completed’ status.

Your transcript assessment will indicate your eligibility status as one of the following:

  • PEP Eligible: You have met all requirements for CPA PEP and no further action is required on your transcript assessment. You can proceed to Step 5.
  • PEP Eligible Core 1: You have been conditionally accepted for PEP and are eligible to participate in Core 1. Please refer your assessor comments for information on remaining requirements to be completed.
  • PEP Ineligible: You have outstanding requirements to be met before you can participate in CPA PEP. Please refer your assessor comments for details.
    If your assessment indicates outstanding prerequisite education is required before you can enroll in CPA PEP, you have the option to take CPA preparatory courses through CPAWSB or equivalent courses through a recognized post-secondary institution. 

Note: If you believe something was missed or a possible error was made on your assessment, contact the Transcript Assessment team by emailing or calling 1.866.420.2350 ext. 6003 to speak with the Transcript Assessment team.