- Visit My CPA Portal and click on the Create a My CPA Profile link using a desktop or laptop with Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.
- Enter your legal name when creating your profile.
- Select your residency status in Canada: Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident (of Canada), or Temporary Resident (of Canada).
- Enter all completed and in-progress post-secondary education and designation information, even if you don’t plan to submit documents for that education/designation history.
- Activate your profile by setting your password. You will receive instructions via email shortly after creating your profile.
Review the resources above and if you still have unanswered questions about creating, accessing, or navigating your profile, please contact an Admission Advisor by emailing email@example.com or calling 1.866.420.2350 ext. 6001.
The transcript assessment determines your eligibility to enroll in CPA PEP and indicates what, if any, education requirements are outstanding that can be fulfilled through CPA preparatory courses or a post-secondary institution.
To submit a transcript assessment request:
- Log into My CPA Portal.
- Select PROGRAM ADMISSION.
- Select TRANSCRIPT ASSESSMENT.
- Click on the + ADD A TRANSCRIPT ASSESSMENT REQUEST button
- Use the document checklist to determine which documents to submit for the assessment.
- Review your transcript assessment order.
- Click on the MAKE PAYMENT button.
The non-refundable transcript assessment fee is $100 + GST and subject to change.
Note: To avoid misplacement of mailed documents, request and pay for a transcript assessment before arranging for documents to be sent to CPAWSB.
All official documents submitted for transcript assessment must be mailed directly by the issuing institutions in a sealed (unopened) envelope to:
CPA Western School of Business
201, 1074 - 103A Street SW
Edmonton, Alberta T6W 2P6
Note: Do not send documents to provincial CPA offices as this may result in significant delay in completing your transcript assessment. Non-English documents require translation and must be submitted to CPAWSB by a certified translator.
If your institution offers electronic official transcripts, please request them to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once all documents are received, it can take up to 10 business days to complete the transcript assessment. You will receive an email notification when your Transcript Assessment results are available.
To view your assessment results, log into My CPA Profile and click on PROGRAM ADMISSION and then TRANSCRIPT ASSESSMENT.
You will see your requested transcript assessment listed with a ‘Completed’ status.
Your transcript assessment will indicate your eligibility status as one of the following:
- PEP Eligible: You have met all requirements for CPA PEP and no further action is required on your transcript assessment. You can proceed to Step 5.
- PEP Conditional Core 1: You have been conditionally accepted for PEP and are eligible to participate in Core 1. Please refer to the assessor comments for information on remaining requirements to be completed. You can proceed to step 5.
- PEP Ineligible: You have outstanding requirements to be met before you can participate in CPA PEP. Please refer your assessor comments for details.
If your assessment indicates outstanding prerequisite education is required before you can enroll in CPA PEP, you have the option to take CPA preparatory courses through CPAWSB or equivalent courses through a recognized post-secondary institution.
You need to reside in Western Canada to enroll in CPA PEP or CPA preparatory courses with CPAWSB. If you are a temporary resident of Canada, a study permit is required for admission into CPA PEP or CPA preparatory courses.
As an Canadian degree holder, when completing the admission application for CPA PEP, select "University Degree" as your registration category. (If you are re-applying for CPA PEP after having been withdrawn, select "Re-admission" as your registration category.)
Admission applications for CPA PEP or CPA preparatory courses are accepted throughout the year. You must wait for your admission application to be approved before you can register into either a CPA PEP module or a CPA preparatory course.
Submit an admission application at least three business days before the registration period closes to ensure the admission application is processed with enough time for you to log into your portal and register. The School cannot guarantee that admission applications submitted within three days before the registration period closes will be approved in time for you to register.
Once your admission application is approved, you are referred to as a student if you are enrolled with CPAWSB in CPA preparatory courses and you are referred to as a candidate if you are enrolled with CPAWSB in CPA PEP.
For CPA PEP application: email Admission Services team email@example.com or call 1.866.420.2350 ext. 6004.
For CPA preparatory application: email Student Services team firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.866.420.2350 ext. 6008.