Mobile Banner

Application Process

  1. Visit My CPA Portal and click on the Create a My CPA Profile link using a desktop or laptop with Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. 
  2. Enter your legal name when creating your profile.   
  3. Select your residency status in Canada: Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident (of Canada), or Temporary Resident (of Canada).  
  4. Enter all completed and in-progress post-secondary education and designation information, even if you don’t plan to submit documents for that education/designation history. 
  5. Activate your profile by setting your password. You will receive instructions via email shortly after creating your profile.  



Review the resources above and if you still have unanswered questions about creating, accessing, or navigating your profile, please contact an Admission Advisor by emailing or calling 1.866.420.2350 ext. 6001. 

Admission applications for CPA PEP are accepted throughout the year. If you are a co-op or summer student completing a post-secondary degree or a post-degree diploma, submit a CPA PEP admission application as a University Degree Student.

The application will be conditionally approved, which will grant access to the Practical Experience Reporting Tool (PERT), so you can begin tracking practical experience. After you complete the degree and CPA prerequisite courses, the admission conditions are lifted, and you can begin registering in CPA PEP modules.

Eligible co-op or summer students are not required to request a transcript assessment or submit transcripts until they are ready to begin Core 1.

Note: You need to reside in Western Canada to enroll in CPA PEP or CPA preparatory courses with CPAWSB.

For CPA PEP application: email Admission Services team or call 1.866.420.2350 ext. 6004.


The transcript assessment determines your eligibility to enroll in CPA PEP and indicates what, if any, education requirements are outstanding that can be fulfilled through CPA preparatory courses or a post-secondary institution.

You need to reside in Western Canada (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Yukon) to enroll in the CPA program with CPAWSB. However, you may apply for a transcript assessment, from your home country to confirm your eligibility for the CPA program. 

To submit a transcript assessment request:

  1. Log into My CPA Portal
  5. Use the document checklist to determine which documents to submit for the assessment. 
  6. Review your transcript assessment order.
  7. Click on the MAKE PAYMENT button.
    The non-refundable transcript assessment fee is $100 + GST and subject to change.

Note: To avoid misplacement of mailed documents, request and pay for a transcript assessment before arranging for documents to be sent to CPAWSB. 


Co-op and summer students are not required to submit official transcript(s) until all prerequisite courses are complete.

All official documents submitted for transcript assessment must be mailed directly by the issuing institutions in a sealed (unopened) envelope to: 

CPA Western School of Business
201, 1074 - 103A Street SW
Edmonton, Alberta T6W 2P6

If your institution offers electronic official transcripts, please have them emailed to:

Once all documents are received, it can take up to 10 business days to complete the transcript assessment.

Note: Do not send documents to provincial CPA offices as this may result in significant delay in completing your transcript assessment. Non-English documents require translation and must be submitted to CPAWSB by a certified translator.

To view your assessment results, log into My CPA Profile and click on PROGRAM ADMISSION and then TRANSCRIPT ASSESSMENT.

You will see your requested transcript assessment listed with a ‘Completed’ status.

Your transcript assessment will indicate your eligibility status as one of the following:

  • PEP Eligible: You have met all requirements for CPA PEP and no further action is required on your transcript assessment. You can proceed to Step 5.
  • PEP Eligible Core 1: You have been conditionally accepted for PEP and are eligible to participate in Core 1. Please refer your assessor comments for information on remaining requirements to be completed.
  • PEP Ineligible: You have outstanding requirements to be met before you can participate in CPA PEP. Please refer your assessor comments for details.
    If your assessment indicates outstanding prerequisite education is required before you can enroll in CPA PEP, you have the option to take CPA preparatory courses through CPAWSB or equivalent courses through a recognized post-secondary institution. 

Note: If you believe something was missed or a possible error was made on your assessment, contact the Transcript Assessment team by emailing or calling 1.866.420.2350 ext. 6003 to speak with the Transcript Assessment team.