- Visit My CPA Portal and click on the Create a My CPA Profile link using a desktop or laptop with Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.
- Enter your legal name when creating your profile.
- Select your residency status in Canada: Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident (of Canada), or Temporary Resident (of Canada).
- Enter all completed and in-progress post-secondary education and designation information, even if you don’t plan to submit documents for that education/designation history.
- Activate your profile by setting your password. You will receive instructions via email shortly after creating your profile.
Review the resources above and if you still have unanswered questions about creating, accessing, or navigating your profile, please contact an Admission Advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1.866.420.2350 ext. 6001.
The transcript assessment determines your eligibility to enroll in CPA PEP and indicates what, if any, education requirements are outstanding that can be fulfilled through CPA preparatory courses or a post-secondary institution.
You need to reside in Western Canada (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Yukon) to enroll in the CPA program with CPAWSB. However, you may apply for a transcript assessment, from your home country to confirm your eligibility for the CPA program.
Most mature status applicants have prerequisites to complete before they can enter CPA PEP. If you have 6 or 7 years of experience and are currently continuing to add relevant experience and working your way to the total 8 years of relevant experience that is required for entry into CPA PEP, you may want to request an assessment now, and enroll into CPA preparatory courses (enrollment into CPA preparatory courses requires 30 credit hours of post-secondary education or 3 years of relevant work experience) and while you are gathering enough work experience to meet the 8 years experience requirement for CPA PEP, you can complete any outstanding prerequisites you require. You may also complete any required prerequisites at a recognized post-secondary institution.
To submit a transcript assessment request:
- Log into My CPA Portal.
- Select PROGRAM ADMISSION.
- Select TRANSCRIPT ASSESSMENT.
- Click on the + ADD A TRANSCRIPT ASSESSMENT REQUEST button
- Use the document checklist to determine which documents to submit for the assessment.
- Review your transcript assessment order.
- Click on the MAKE PAYMENT button.
The non-refundable transcript assessment fee is $100 + GST and subject to change.
Applicants applying under Mature Status are required to submit the following for review:
- Comprehensive resume presenting all current and past work experience, community service and volunteer activities
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions where courses have been taken
- Two letters of reference:
- One from a colleague who is a CPA or a member of an international accounting body that has a reciprocity agreement with CPA Canada
- One from a personal character reference (not a family member or relative)
- Experience Verification Form: outlining accounting practical experience with any two competency sub-areas developed to a minimum of Level 1 proficiency
- The form is completed by an employer, usually with a CPA designation or someone who is familiar with CPA competencies.
All official documents submitted for transcript assessment must be mailed directly by the issuing institutions in a sealed (unopened) envelope to:
CPA Western School of Business
201, 1074 - 103A Street SW
Edmonton, Alberta T6W 2P6
If your institution offers electronic official transcripts, please request them to be emailed to: email@example.com.
Once all documents are received, it can take up to 10 business days to complete the transcript assessment.
Note: Do not send documents to provincial CPA offices as this may result in significant delay in completing your transcript assessment. Non-English documents require translation and must be submitted to CPAWSB by a certified translator.
To view your assessment results, log into My CPA Portal and click on PROGRAM ADMISSION and then TRANSCRIPT ASSESSMENT.
You will see your requested transcript assessment listed with a ‘Completed’ status.
Your transcript assessment will indicate your eligibility status as one of the following:
- PEP Eligible: You have met all requirements for CPA PEP and no further action is required on your transcript assessment. You can proceed to Step 5.
- PEP Conditional Core 1: You have been conditionally accepted for PEP and are eligible to participate in Core 1. Please refer your assessor comments for information on remaining requirements to be completed.
- PEP Ineligible: You have outstanding requirements to be met before you can participate in CPA PEP. Please refer your assessor comments for details.
If your assessment indicates outstanding prerequisite education is required before you can enroll in CPA PEP, you have the option to take CPA preparatory courses through CPAWSB or equivalent courses through a recognized post-secondary institution.
Note: If you believe something was missed or a possible error was made on your assessment, contact the Transcript Assessment team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1.866.420.2350 ext. 6003 to speak with the Transcript Assessment team.
Admission applications for CPA PEP or CPA preparatory courses are accepted throughout the year. Wait for your admission application to be approved before you register into either a CPA PEP module or a CPA preparatory course.
Submit an admission application at least three business days before the registration period closes to ensure the admission application is processed with enough time for you to log into your portal and register. The School cannot guarantee that admission applications submitted within three days before the registration period closes will be approved in time for you to register.
Once your admission application is approved, you are referred to as a student if you are enrolled with CPAWSB in CPA preparatory courses and you are referred to as a candidate if you are enrolled with CPAWSB in CPA PEP.
Note: You need to live in Western Canada to enroll in CPA PEP or CPA preparatory courses with CPAWSB.
For CPA PEP application: email Admission Services team email@example.com or call 1.866.420.2350 ext. 6004.
For CPA preparatory application: email Student Services team firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.866.420.2350 ext. 6008.