Mobile Banner

Overview of MOU Pathway

Members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) or the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) who are in good standing and are seeking the Canadian CPA designation:

  • Exempted from all CPA PEP modules.
  • Strongly encouraged to complete Capstone 1 and Capstone 2. Completing these modules is not mandatory, but they will help prepare you for the CFE.
  • Required to pass the Common Final Examination (CFE). The CFE assumes a core level of knowledge of Canadian tax and business law, and accounting standards for private entities. You may wish to enhance your knowledge in these subject areas before registering in the program as CPAWSB does not provide study material for these topics.

The School offers CPA PEP not-for-credit (NFC) modules to provide candidates access to module content and related solution guides for self-study purposes to assist with exam preparations.

To become a CPA, you will need to obtain 30 months of relevant practical experience. Whether your experience needs to be assessed for CPA certification depends on your post-qualification experience.

You will be exempt from having your experience assessed if you have either:

  • more than five years of post-qualification experience and no recognized university degree or
  • more than two years of post-experience and a recognized degree.

If your experience does not fit either category above, your practical experience obtained pre-and post-qualification will need to be assessed. Only your experience gained while a member of the ICAI or ICAP will be assessed. You will be required to submit the following documentation in English:

  1. Confirmation of degree by having one of the following submitted to CPAWSB:
    • Letter of Good Standing or
    • Certification of Membership with ICAI or ICAP form or
    • Third-party assessment report (WES, IQAS, etc.)
  2. Comprehensive resume showing a detailed account of all your related work experience must be sent to

Only Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, or persons who are otherwise lawfully permitted to work and study in Canada may be enrolled in the CPA PEP program. For details on the Canadian immigration process, please visit the Canadian government website or contact your local embassy. CPAWSB is not involved in the immigration process, nor do we provide housing or funding. Once admitted to CPA PEP, CPAWSB will be able to provide you with a letter of status to aid you in your application with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

For more information, please refer to the Information for International Applicants.

Admission Process

My CPA Portal is CPAWSB’s online portal for learners to submit an admission application, register for courses, manage program progress, pay fees, and more. 

You can go to directly to access the My CPA portal or you can use the link in the top right-hand corner of the CPAWSB website.

Note the following when creating a profile on My CPA portal:

  • Use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge as your browser on your laptop or desktop computer
  • Ensure that you complete all mandatory (*) fields on the registration form
  • It is important that you use your legal name when creating your profile
  • For Residency Status select your CANADIAN residency status: Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident (of Canada), or Temporary Resident
  • Ensure all completed and in-progress post-secondary education and designation information is entered
  • After you complete your profile, you will receive two emails. 
    • A welcome email with next steps
    • An email providing a link to create your profile password. Your profile will not be active until you create the password

You can log in to your profile at any time to update your contact information or post-secondary education, view your account, or to access the different functions that your profile provides.

Contact info: If you do not receive the follow up emails after creating your profile, or if you have unanswered questions about creating, accessing or navigating your profile, please email or call 1.866.420.2350 ext. 6001.


To help us confirm your ICAI or ICAP membership and determine your eligibility for the CFE, please submit either one of these documents, in English:

  • A Letter of Good Standing from the ICAI or ICAP, sent directly from them to CPAWSB, confirming your membership (Important: this letter must state you are a current member in good standing and include the date you became a member) or
  • A Certification of Membership requested from ICAI or ICAP using the request form 

CPAWSB must receive an official copy of your letter of good standing, or if applicable the certification of membership, before an admission application can be approved. 

The ICAI or ICAP can send documentations directly to CPAWSB via email to or mailed to: 

CPA Western School of Business
201, 1074 - 103A Street SW
Edmonton, Alberta T6W 2P6

You will receive an email notification with details of your next steps in the admission process after your admission application is approved. For more information please email or call 1.866.420.2350 ext. 6002.

Note: Do not send documents to provincial CPA offices as this may result in significant delay in completing your transcript assessment. Non-English documents require translation and must be submitted to CPAWSB by a certified translator.

If you are a temporary resident of Canada, a study permit is required, a study permit is required before you can apply for an admission into CPA PEP.

Admission applications for CPA PEP are accepted throughout the year. Wait for your admission application to be approved before you can register into either a CPA PEP module.

Submit an admission application at least three business days (longer when volumes are high) before the registration period closes to ensure the admission application is processed with enough time for you to log into your portal and register. The School cannot guarantee that admission applications submitted within three days before the registration period closes will be approved in time for you to register.

Submit an Admission Application for CPA PEP:

  • In your My CPA Portal, click on Program Admission and then Admission Application to complete your admission application
  • In the admission application, please select International Designate - MOU as your registration category. If you are enrolling to register in the NFC modules or to register to write the CFE, select the session that corresponds with your anticipated first module or exam.
  • You will receive an email when your admission application has been approved. 

Note: You need to reside in Western Canada to enroll in CPA PEP or CPA preparatory courses with CPAWSB.

For CPA PEP application: email Admission Services team or call 1.866.420.2350 ext. 6004.