- All candidates are required to attend the Orientation Workshop on the first two days of Core 1 module.
- Failure to attend any portion of the workshop counts as an automatic failure of the module.
- In special circumstances, you can request an accommodation to miss a part or an entire workshop. Accommodations are only granted for medical reasons, religious requirements, or extenuating circumstances. You must provide proof of the circumstances for CPAWSB to approve an accommodation. Read additional information about accommodations.
- You are expected to maintain a level of professional behaviour while attending workshops. Incidents of academic misconduct and/or inappropriate behaviour may be recorded on candidate records.
- Attending another location is not permitted unless you have received permission from CPAWSB.
The Core 1, Capstone 1 and Capstone 2 workshops have required module pre-work which can be found in the course module in D2L. Access to the module materials will be granted approximately three business days before the session starts. All other modules will receive access 1 - 3 business days before the start of the session.
Candidates registered in a virtual workshop are required to have the following:
- High-speed internet connection
- Zoom desktop application. For best performance, download the Zoom desktop application.
You can download Zoom for free.
Candidates registered in the in-person workshop are required to bring the following:
- A laptop and power cord
- Pen and paper for scratch notes
- A copy of the workshop files, downloaded from D2L as an internet connection may not be available.
CPA PEP workshops are offered in the following locations:
- British Columbia: Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Vancouver, Victoria
- Alberta: Calgary, Edmonton
- Saskatchewan: Regina, Saskatoon
- Manitoba: Winnipeg
- Central Time Zone
- Mountain Time Zone
- Pacific Time Zone
Workshop delivery and location or time zone are selected at the time of module registration. If you register after the registration period closes, you will be required to pay a waitlist fee and select your top three locations. You will be placed in a location based on availability.
In-person workshops will be held where there is enough candidate interest. Open workshop locations are confirmed approximately one week after the registration period is closed. If your selected city does not receive enough registrations, you will be notified and given the option to either select a different in-person location, or to change to a virtual workshop.
In-person locations are confirmed approximately one week after the registration period is closed. The in-person venues will be communicated by email approximately one week before the workshop weekend. The virtual workshop links will be emailed on or before the Friday of the workshop weekend.
If you need to participate in workshops in other regions (Ontario, Quebec, and Atlantic Canada), contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least three weeks before the scheduled workshop date.