Permanent Program Withdrawals
Candidates in CPA PEP can request to permanently withdraw from the program by submitting a request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students enrolled in the CPA preparatory courses do not need to request a permanent program withdrawal. If you do not plan on registering for any courses between April 1 and March 31 (CPAWSB’s academic year), and you choose not to pay annual dues, you will need to repeat the transcript assessment and admission application process again before registering for other courses.
Program Expulsion or Suspension
Candidates in CPA PEP will be suspended or expelled for:
- non-payment of fees
- failing to comply with regulations of their provincial CPA body
- exhausting module or examination attempts or
- failing to complete the program within the established time limits
Candidates may also be suspended or expelled for academic or professional misconduct.
Candidates who are expelled may be considered for re-admission based on:
- whether the applicant merits and qualifies for re-admission and
- academic and/or experience requirements at the time of re-entry and conditions to be completed if re-admitted.
Consequences of Withdrawing from being a CPA PEP Candidate
Withdrawal for any reason means:
- Loss of credit for any completed CPA PEP modules
- Loss of earned practical experience. Returning candidates may be eligible to have up to 12 months of prior experience recognized provided the experience meets the requirements in effect when returning to the program. Returning candidates are not eligible to complete legacy practical experience requirements.
- Loss of any transition provisions or special considerations awarded to legacy transition candidates
- Loss of any CPAWSB candidate rights and privileges
- Loss of access to all online resources
Former candidates wishing to apply for re-admission to CPA PEP after being withdrawn are treated as new applicants and need to request and pay for a transcript assessment to determine CPA PEP eligibility. Legacy prerequisites are no longer accepted for entry to CPA PEP; re-admission will be based on the CPA prerequisite requirements at the time of application.