Am I eligible for a Temporary Program Leave? 

Jun 3, 2022
Photo credit: motortion/
If you are registered in CPA PEP, you are eligible to take time away from the program for documented special circumstances. These circumstances include but are not limited to maternity or paternity leave, compassionate care leave and long-term illness or injury. This leave is called a Temporary Program Leave.

What do I need to know about Temporary Program Leave?

  1. You are allowed a maximum of 24 months (includes time previously taken as non-active years, if any).
  2. It does not count towards the six years to complete your education and seven years to complete your experience.
  3. You cannot claim any practical experience when you are on approved leave or take any modules during this time.
  4. You must apply with supporting documentation; please see Temporary Program Leave page for accepted documents.
  5. Your dues for the academic year(s) approved for leave will be reduced up to fifty percent.

How do I apply?

Complete the application form and submit it with your supporting documentation to
If you are unsure if you qualify or wish to speak with a Program Evaluator about your specific circumstances, you can reach them at