- Ensure the requirements set by CPA Canada and CPAWSB are met.
- Responsible for overall integrity of the exam process, including maintaining exam confidentiality.
- Coordinate the on-site exam team.
- Handle all exam materials, including receipt, storage, distribution, collection, and return shipping.
- Bring the following items to the exam centre:
- Cell phone, capable of being set to vibrate
- Laptop, with the following minimum capabilities:
- 2 GB of RAM
- 1 GB of available hard drive space
- Two available USB ports
- Windows 7, 8 or 10 (32 or 64-bit OS)
- Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome
- Wi-Fi Internet access
- Each Supervisor must demonstrate the highest regard for the overall integrity of the exam process. Procedures, activities and events must constantly be measured against this overriding requirement.
- CPA in good standing.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills and the ability to apply professional judgement.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Newly-hired supervisors will be required to complete specific orientation training before receiving their first contract.
Additional training will be required on an ongoing basis.
Hourly, contracted for each exam session.
$45 to $60/hour depending on exam centre size and category.
The first step in becoming a supervisor is to complete an application. This will take approx. 10 minutes and will require you to submit a professional resume. No cover letter required.
*Please note the application button will continue to work and is available to applicants in Western Canada. Therefore, apply only when there is an opening in the area of your interest.
During Stage 2, applicants become “prospective contractors” and are assigned a contractor ID and given partial access to the Exam Support Platform (D2L). This platform is used to deliver training, post information, and communicate with contractors.
Prospective contractors are required to complete additional training and specific tasks to ensure they have a more detailed understanding of the exam processes and this role. After completing the training and tasks, prospective contractors will gain access to Stage 3.
In Stage 3, prospective contractors gain full access to the Exam Support Platform (D2L), with additional resources and exam specific information and are eligible to receive contracts.
Additionally, prospective contractors have access to the online Contractor Portal which the School uses to collect contractor information and availability for staffing purposes.
Experienced contractors will complete the performance reviews of prospective contractors following at least two exams/contracts. Experienced contractors will also assist with any questions.
*Stage 3 may or may not apply to all supervisors.
Individuals who successfully complete this stage will be added to the CPAWSB contractor pool.