Two core modules to develop competencies in management and financial accounting and build upon the remaining four core technical competency areas. The module focus is breadth.
Two elective modules to develop deeper skills in areas of career interest. Each candidate chooses two of: Assurance, Performance Management, Tax, and Finance. Anyone pursuing a license in public accounting must choose Assurance and Tax. The module focus is depth.
Capstone 1 (integrative module), which integrates the core technical and enabling competencies. The module focus is application and integration.
Capstone 2 (examination preparation module), which prepares candidates for the CFE, the national exam on which candidates demonstrate depth and breadth of competency development in accordance with the CPA Competency Map.
CPA PEP focuses on developing the competencies expected of professional accountants:
Review Materials Module (RMM)
Review Materials Modules are available to candidates who are not required to complete the full module, including candidates who have:
- been granted a module exemption
- been granted a challenge exam
- previously attempted a module and who would like to acquire the most recent module materials.
- Eligible candidates must email email@example.com to request RMM registration permission.
- Content is updated each session and candidates will receive access to the most recent RMM as at the date of their registration request.
- Candidates in RMMs receive access to the module materials only. The modules are self-study/self-directed. That means:
- No facilitator or discussion board is available.
- Candidates do not complete or submit any activities or assignments.
- There are no workshops or exams.
- There is no RMM for Capstone 1. However, selected Capstone 1 module materials are publicly available on the CPA Canada website within a month after the conclusion of each offering.