If you are completing a CPA Accredited Program in Ontario, Quebec, or Atlantic Canada and are moving to Western Canada to start employment after convocation, you must notify the CPA provincial body (where the accredited post-secondary institution is located) about the move and your intent to enroll with CPAWSB. You should also begin the admission process with CPAWSB as outlined below.
That CPA provincial body will confirm with CPAWSB that the applicant has successfully completed the accredited program and advise CPAWSB on the candidate's placement in CPA PEP.
Only Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, or persons who are otherwise lawfully permitted to work and study in Canada can enroll in the CPA certification program. If you are a temporary resident, you are required to hold a valid study permit to apply for admission to the CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP) or CPA preparatory courses and to maintain your enrollment with CPAWSB. For more details, please refer to the Residency, Study Permits and Language Advisory.
CPA education programs, including CPA preparatory courses and CPA PEP, require high English proficiency. Generally, anyone with CLB levels below 8 will need to spend additional time on their studies. For more information, please refer to the Residency, Study Permits and Language Advisory.
- Visit My CPA Portal and click on the Create a My CPA Profile link using a desktop or laptop with Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.
- Enter your legal name when creating your profile.
- Select your residency status in Canada: Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident (of Canada), or Temporary Resident (of Canada).
- Enter all completed and in-progress post-secondary education and designation information, even if you don’t plan to submit documents for that education/designation history. You should also include the post-secondary information for the Accredited Program you are completing.
- Activate your profile by setting your password. You will receive instructions via email shortly after creating your profile.
Important: Use the UPLOAD A DOCUMENT functionality within your profile only when submitting your legal name verification documentation with a CPA PEP admission application. Do not use it for submitting any other documents to CPAWSB as those documents will be deleted. When submitting other required documents, follow the directions provided in the admission steps below and elsewhere on this page.
Review the resources above and if you still have unanswered questions about creating, accessing, or navigating your profile, please contact an Admission Advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1.866.420.2350 ext. 6001.
After you have created and activated your My CPA profile, proceed with submitting a CPA PEP admission application. Click on the link below for more information about when and how to submit an admission application.
Note: Select CPA Accredited Program as your registration category when completing the CPA PEP admission application as an applicant completing a CPA Accredited Program.
After you have submitted your admission application for CPA PEP, continue with Step 3 and have official transcripts and documents submitted to CPAWSB.
Click on the link above for more information about submitting an admission application for CPA PEP. If you have questions about submitting a CPA PEP admission application or starting CPA PEP as a CPA Accredited Program grad, please contact the CPA Admission Services team by emailing email@example.com or calling 1.866.420.2350 ext. 6004.
Although you do not have to request and pay for a transcript assessment from CPAWSB, you are still required to have an official undergraduate degree transcript that includes the conferral date mailed in a sealed (unopened) envelope directly from the issuing institution to our office.
If the institution offers digital official transcripts, please request they are emailed to:
Note: Do not send documents to provincial CPA offices as this may result in significant delay in completing your transcript assessment. Documents in a language other than English require translation and must be submitted to CPAWSB by a certified translator.
You will receive an email notification when we have received the official copy of your undergraduate degree transcript and the completion date has been verified.
For applicants outside of the Western Region, CPAWSB also requires confirmation that you have successfully completed the accredited program.
- Applicants completing CPA accredited programs in Ontario, Quebec, or Atlantic Canada who are moving to Western Canada to start employment after convocation must notify the CPA provincial body (where the accredited post-secondary institution is located) about the move. That CPA provincial body will confirm your successful completion of the accredited program and advise CPAWSB on your placement in CPA PEP.
Advanced placement in CPA PEP will only be granted when both of the following are completed:
- CPAWSB has received the official undergraduate degree transcript that includes your conferral date.
- Successful completion of the accredited program has been verified.
You will be notified by email once advanced placement has been granted.
In addition, an official transcript for the accredited program is required by CPAWSB, as soon as it is available after convocation:
- University of Saskatchewan MPAcc grads do not need to do anything as CPAWSB will receive the accredited transcript directly from the university.
- All other CPA accredited program grads must have the post-secondary institution submit official transcripts to CPAWSB as soon as possible after convocation.
Review the resources above. If you still have unanswered questions regarding the documents you are required to submit, or any additional questions about the admission process, please contact the PEP Admission Services team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1.866.420.2350 ext. 6004.